PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Good opinions of Cathay??
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2001, 20:31
PeterZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Paul's,

I agree with your comment about ALPA members being bound to uphold an IFALPA request, and I would certainly do so if I belonged to an ALPA organization. At the company I worked at prior to my present one, we attempted to join ALPA, but were rebuffed due to being just shy of the amount of pilots required. Hopefully you can see the irony here.

You speak of postponing employment at CX for a few weeks, like it was a dentist's appointment or something. Seeing as how the roots of the problems go back over eight years I somehow doubt it wil be over in a few weeks. And exactly what wording should an applicant use when the recruiter calls with a job offer?

Perhaps there are some out there who are fortunate to have been made several competing employment offers by major airlines. But I think the reality for most is that an opportunity at CX is a once in a lifetime chance. In essence the ban is asking prospective applicants to sacrifice their careers, to help preserve those of others. Kind of a tall order don't you think??