PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA/GATCO Forum 2005 - The Safety of Public Transport Flights Outside CAS
Old 29th Mar 2005, 20:29
whowhenwhy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn it I was going to try not to comment and see what happens? I drink beer, peruse the site later in the evening and ping, I'm replying. Green Brain didn't look at your profile but the area is certainly not unsafe and I would argue that since London Mil took on the Penine Radar task, the lot of the CAT flying through the area has become safer. However, the problem is when you have CAT flying through the airspace that does not understand that they are off-route and what their responsibilities are under RAS. Yes the area can be "sporty" when working RAS through there on a busy day and no controller would suggest that CAT routeing through there routinely under RAS is a good idea. Unfortunately they do and will continue to do so. What the Lon Mil guys do is provide an excellent level of service to the best of their ability in a difficult area. But certainly not an unsafe area. If it was the MoD would never let its baby pilots fly in it!