PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Good opinions of Cathay??
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2001, 13:15
St_Paul_Island

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe what I read here. If you are a member of any ALPA, you are obliged as a member in good standing to abide by the IFALPA request for assistance. Your own ALPA has probably benefited from similar arrangements in the past.

For those who disagree with the AOAs actions to date, if you are members of the AOA you have a voice and a vote, so use it. No association is going to accept directions from an anonymous bulletin board. Our dispute is our business, so don't go telling us off if we don't carry it out in a manner which pleases you. In particular, I don't see why the AOA should change very successful tactics merely to please you. The IFALPA request for assistance is only one of many. Just because you haven't bothered to find out what is really going on doesn't make it the only tactic.

Lastly, can't you wait to join CX for a month or so? If you do join in this period of ban, you will never be accepted as an ALPA member of any ALPA organistion. That's the rules of a voluntary, mutual association. You don't like it and want to do your own thing, that's your perogative; but don't go whining when you are sacked with no notice while on leave. It has happened for real, and the non-members are the ones left with no options.

This is not a charity; it is not a game; it is not set up for the benefit of a selfish neophyte who can't wait a few weeks. This is for real. It is very serious, very legal and a struggle between two determined organistions. It's not your fight, so I suggest you get your head down and keep out of the way.

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: St_Paul_Island ]