PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Good opinions of Cathay??
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2001, 11:21
cws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Thank you for info. A friend of mine way up in our mgmnt had a similar reason. Only spilled it to me yesterday. He mentioned cx will follow the sq system of expansion - expand into recession, build lounges, infrastructure and seats etc.. so when the upturn comes you are in the right place. It worked for them once before. Time will tell if does again. One thing to consider is that all this works with a loyal and motivated lot of employees. Firing 50 + with no reason leaves marks with the remaining, not only pilots. Who knows when your boss simply dishonors the signed paper and fires you. Dont think that action made the crowds happy and motivated- and definetely not loyal, as I wrote in main forum. Expansion is good but you should be aware with whom you are expanding.
Re basings-thanks for the info. Appeared to us here in ec that all the negotiations, rostering problems etc.. was only with the hkg based crews. Can imagine that the rosters on the bases are somewhat more stable since there is less on the book to fly.
snake, last question: Are you going to expand the basings or will cx eventually bring back all crews to hkg. Or is it in the interest of cx to base the crews out of hkg in the long run. We are having a "little " problem with our company on that topic. We are trying to bring them to offer basings as well, but so far we are lacking arguments.
Thank you.
Im off for a trip, all the best
cws