PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threads about fatalities (was Light Aircraft Down, Today at ...)
Old 29th Mar 2005, 08:47
MikeKnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should like to start with the fact that, dispite us flying a fleet of globally interchangable aircraft, only domestic incidents are reported. This means, if it wasn't for PPruNe, we would only be aware of those light aeroplane incidents within the scope of our local media.

wrt: specualtion on PPruNe. puhlease, If you are silly enough to be lead astray, perhaps you shouldnt be holding an air crew lisence. What we say on here is in no way going to influence anyone. hello?

"Discussing possible causes without adequate information and analysis does not necessarily save lives "

Discussion relating to causes gives us a focal point but leaves the scope as wide open as possible. It's a way for us to discuss and reflect on similar situations weve been in during past flights. Whilst this may not nessicarily save lives, it can save lives

wrt: families finding about next of kin on PPruNe. Exactly how many incidents have there been where they found about their deaths here? Authorities deal pretty quickly with that sort of thing and if they dont get to 'the relatives' before PPruNe does, might that not say something about their (the relatives) priorities?

I made a decision on the weekend. It was a decision based on 75 years of aviation. To one, the decision would be considered rather arbitrary but it beats your 14 years hands down. The point is, lessons can be learnt from 14 year old reports, they can also be learnt from PPruNe threads that are minutes old.

I would like to think if I ever came to grief in an aeroplane, my thread would last for pages and pages, fake condolences et al.

Last edited by MikeKnight; 31st Mar 2005 at 12:26.