PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Until the cruise..
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 00:06
Tonic Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes thanks Must admit, just to make my flight simming hour a bit more real, but I have always wondered what goes on with speeds and rates of climbs.

I've flown to Paris on the 321 (BA from EGLL and back) and both ways was FL240 we were told. I remember that we were not cruising for long, and after my A321 flight simming experience, In noticed that (without starting a realism argument, im only on it for fun) you only just get FL240 and I probably was inaccurate with rates of climbs and speeds too.

I'm on BMI on APril 14th from Heathrow, back on 22nd for the weekend then a one way out back to Paris. Would be interested in whats going on of course, but can't get up to the front, so I thought i'd resort to good old Tech Forum for some innocent PPL holder answers

Hmm, while I'm at it, if I gave you a regular scenario would that help? Say 14 degrees (on the ground at both ends), 321 fully loaded for a EGLL-LFPG flight (and back I guess without refuelling?) and can I say "normal upper level conditions?" Nothing significant, an ICAO temperature?

I'm surprised you are unable to give even an estimate for ROC after TO and even Thrust settings just because we have no temp/weight numbers. It's therefore very significant and must give very different settings even though each plane going up looks like and sounds the same!