PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Until the cruise..
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2005, 23:09
kooyheier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ola

No you haven't said anything wrong well at least not in my opinion.
I fly the A320/1 (mostly A321) myself and can give you a few figures from the top of my head....
T/O that just all depends to what temperature your flexing to... so I can't really give you a figure for that. Very rarely we do a TOGA T/O only in certain fields.... high temp.... high terrain.... short runway... enz enz...
Again it's very difficult to give a specified R.O.C. because it all depends as you said on O.A.T.... weight... enz enz.. But we normally tend to climb with 250 kts till 10.000 than it usually tends to go up to around 300 kts....
Because we have the pleasure of flying with the superb I.A.E. engines we get a very poor R.O.C. especially in the latter stages of the climb out.... sometimes even a R.O.D. (about 200'/min). This tends to happen at heavy weights...But normal R.O.C. is about 1500'/min.
Normal cruise mach is about .78 Again depending on certain factors..... and in how much hurry the captain is to get home If we want we can go up to .81 but than you can really see the fuel comming out of the back of the engines...

Hopefully a bit of use to you....