PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay dispute/ Hiring Ban
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2001, 01:38
jungly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b/bus

the 49ers cause is just, the rostering is ar$e.....you'll find no detractors here....nor amongst most of the new joiners.

did you know that:

1. some new joiners were interviewed and even signed contracts before the ban,
2. when they attempted to get their cse delayed, CX said "it is not our current policy to offer another course date"...ie: take it or leave it,
3. some new joiners have letters from IFALPA recommending exemptions from the ban,
4. by the letter of the law (not intent, i admit) you must be an ALPA member, to be subject to the ban (admittedly that does not mean AOA have to let you play in their sand box)

the new joiners are not out to buck the system, they are in an equally tight bind....blacklist or umemployment! they have resigned from their previous companies and those jobs are now history.

the AOA must fight for the 49ers first and foremost...that is agreed...but what crime have these new joiners committed (given that some have letters from IFALPA)?

....what would you have done 9 years ago?

Some new joiners may not give a to$$, but I tell you some do. Some, my friend, are willing to pay union fees (5%) to support the 49ers too! (despite the fact the membership opening smites them)....and you speak of GOODWILL?.

I wish I was so confident as to tar all and sundry with the same brush..... but I guess its your train set.

Goodluck to all at CX, the 49ers and new joiners alike..... the battlelines have been drawn seemingly on passion rather than reason.