PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Factored Flying Hours
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2005, 12:19
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Factored Flying Hours

I thought that the rumour buster would not have answered some of my questions, or would have attracted a politically correct response from the management. So I ask it here instead.

The FCI that was allowing the extra flying has now expired, there has been no further mention of this from management. The FOM does not mention it or does our FTL scheme. Alan Steely has written us a one page memo telling us all that the fatigue model coming into use now will not take our bidding concerns into account and will build the roster as it sees best. He says that the factored flying is not being used but being only used on a day to day basis (is this for fire fighting?) He also says that he is in discussion with the GCAA at the moment.

I ask on what legal basis is this extra flying being done at the moment? Most of the guys that I fly with are always approaching 100 hours a month and many are flying more than that, but under what authority? What would happen if there is an accident?

Rumours are being mentioned of an english guy had his UK licence renewal blocked by the CAA due to the extra flying he had done under the 'factored' scheme. Any truth with this rumour?

Does the other long haul pilots operate with a factored Scheme? Cathay? Singapore? Virgin? How do you all log these hours?