PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Redundancies ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2005, 11:05
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and have heard such talk on numerous occasions before. Usually it fails to materialise
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are spot on. So many times I have heard people say they would leave but they never did. Lord knows I said it myself for a number of years before taking the plunge. Management know that in most cases it is an idle threat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are we actually going to see a large outflow, either through redundancy or PVR, in the next 18 months?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my view, absolutely not. People in the RAF become slowly institutionalised over the years making an exit seem much harder than it really is. Most of the guys and gals will continue plodding on as they have done. Perhaps morale will get lower and whingeing will increase. The bottom line is the MOD will continue to dump on people in order to get the Governments job done and there are always people willing to be dumped on in return for promises of jam tomorrow. That’s the way it has always been and I see no agenda for change in the medium term.

Beagle

Since there is an apparent large surplus of ME pilots then I suspect that was always going to be that way.