PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Redundancies ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2005, 09:28
HOODED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Branch needing overhaul! I think the Eng trade has had enough overhaul recently, self supervision, multi skilling,lean practice. All this was a way of reducing manpower at the workface/being more efficient!! Don't know if it's just my unit but the engineers are working very hard to try and produce enough ac to meet the program. Not enough trade cover on some shifts,leave denied due to high workload/no of detachments. This is before the cuts in manpower take effect through redundancies.
I agree the blunties need a cull however, they can all take an afternoon off to go on the PI*S at the drop of a hat, the engineers can have a single shift beercall after work with the other shift invited if they can get away early - they rarely can!
Things won't get any better after the manpower cuts as workloads are due to continue to climb to record levels. Still who needs a family life? It's time to go, and if I don't get the type of letter paradigm is hoping for then PVR will follow. There comes a time when not being given the resources by our lords and masters means you can't do the job to the standard proffesional pride dictates. Sad but there are a lot of experienced engineers out there who are about to leave due to the lack of reality at the top of the RAF.