PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Friendliness-Where the hell has it gone?
Old 27th Mar 2005, 01:31
MkVIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot on Ultralights!

I KNOW I am going to get caned and canned for this, but a LOT changed FOR THE WORSE in Australian aviation in 1989 - I dare ANYONE to dispute the fact.

Nothing is going to change whilst the ghosts of the past permeate the present.

I may dislike VERY much a particular pilot on the ground, but in the cockpit, professionalism prevails and you work as a team.

Because of the events of 1989, the industry became factionalised and separated, and it seems it may NEVER come back again whilst factions want to think of the greater good of one versus the greater good of ALL. Another ghost of 1989...

Would you believe I have even WITNESSED a "89 returnee" from one airline arguing with another "89 returnee" from another airline over who was the bigger "S word"! They made a distinction over that!!! So how can we ever expect to get ANYWHERE whilst there is still infighting?????????????????? It's downright childish and selfish.

In regards to QF mainline. Well, yes, they can be pompous and arrogant. That's the way a lot of them are, and that's the way a lot of them were indoctrinated. For a LONG time QF probably was the world's best airline, and the QF guys were justifiably proud. Unfortunately 6 star service has gone the way of the doddo, yet some still try to maintain the image QF worked so hard to achieve for so long. I don't see it as bad in some ways, just outdated considering QF has been well and truly surpassed by quite a few other airlines! QF is becoming an industry joke, and we all have Dixon and his crones to blame for that one. The day aviation is returned to those that know aviation, and not some pencil pushing accountant, and CEO's that know NOTHING, will be the day we all rejoice.

In the meantime, make an effort yourself to say g'day, extend the hand, or tip the hat. You may be surprised.