PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lame moral at qantas
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2005, 14:55
Son of Brake Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point0Five

I dont believe the average LAME age represents the interest that present and future generations have in the industry. I believe the average age is reflective of industry's support of the next generation of AME's.

Deskilling isnt what we're talking about, I do agree with you there. Getting maximum return for minimum pay is the objective, particular in the larger companies who can afford it more so than small business. In QANTAS Sydney Heavy Maintenance, I have worked with some of the most skilled and experienced AME I've ever come across. QANTAS management refuses to train them to become Licenced as they will then recieve higher pay.

Supply and demand is definately a driving force in the current level of training carried out. The less LAME's QF have, the better their arguement for using less skilled labor. Ideally for the safety and convenience of travelling public, a company would ensure the highest level of skilled labor maintaining their aircraft....but who ever said this was about the travelling public.