PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in China!
Thread: Fly in China!
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2005, 12:44
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
828a
There is one thing that I would like you and your pal Chimbu chuckles to take on board and that is that I helped dig the well that you two drink from.
And for that I can say thank you. Your pioneering legacy is a tribute to you. Respectfully though it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
I accept that your advice is offered in good faith but you have sullied the waters by failing to understand there is a difference between East and West and that this difference must be accomodated. Strange as it may seem to you it is this very difference that some of us like.
I am very well aware of the differences between the East and the West. I make allowances for, and embrace them every day. I enjoy these differences and my wife and I immerse ourselves in them as much as we can otherwise we wouldn’t want to live here. My wife and I have travelled extensively over mainland China and enjoy the wide diversity of all the cultures living there. We believe life is meant for living and that is exactly what we are doing. This though is also irrelevant to this discussion. What Chimbu chuckles and I have been trying to say is that if anyone wants to go and work for this company or any other airline in mainland China you need to go in with your eyes wide open. If anyone thinks it will be a walk in the park compared to the places like the NT or Cape York communities think again. I would go as far as saying that even PNG would pale into comparisons with what some may go through trying to live in China on the conditions being offered. And yes I have worked in all these places and experienced exactly the hardships that they all entail. As long as everyone is aware of this and make a very educated discission based on this then fine. Just don’t let the big new shiny jet syndrome cloud a very import and for some, life altering decision they will have to make.