PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Down, Today At Kemble (Merged)
Old 25th Mar 2005, 22:55
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive me for being so blunt but why do these "Light aircraft down at ***" threads seem so sinister and gossipy?

I know they form part of our fraternity and that it can happen to any one of us at any time but I really do feel that sometimes it portrays too much literary rubbernecking for my liking.

Remember the TB10 at the pleasure park near Chichester? I read that thread and nearly threw my guts at the level of morbid fanatisism that was being displayed.

Any of us can spin in at any time and I'm afraid to say that any introductory threads about these subjects are unecessary and really piss me off.

OK, perhaps I'm going through an opinionated spell recently but can anyone here really tell me that these "deceased announcement" threads do anything for anyone??? If it's the cocktail party theory where the first to announce the gossip is "the winner" then please can I inform people that in this situation (where I know that friends of the deceased will read this) that specualtion really is not required.

Oh, and for all you amateur AAIB peeps, don't even think about it here like someone has done in a similar thread on this PF Forum....