PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lame moral at qantas
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2005, 04:01
the lost one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple of points i would like to bring up
1. to mr cognito the rule's for lame's are controlled by casa .
this country won't allow you to have one lame certifying for 15 ame's -although avalon heavy maint appears to be an exception.
if you would like to be a career ame then go for it.
2. to apprentice's that think they are walking into a 100k a year job. you better get your head checked.

from what i know some of you would be lucky to be kept on as ame's .
it is not a job for life anymore -the few that stay on will do their basic's then pay for a type course.the company will not pay you for it as they want control of training .
you might be offered a position in bne heavy on the poor work conditions up there were as a ame you will earn 40k to 50k a year if your lucky. and if you are lucky enough to grab a licence you will earn 50k to 65k per year as level 3 lame going nowhere real fast.
some others might be lucky to get to domestic on permanant nightshift as an ame ,there they can do/pay for a type course and the company might or might not pay you for it. as an ame there you might earn 50-60k per year because of the shift loading. as a level 3 entry lame you might earn 70-75k not a lot of money for some one trying to live in sydney with a family maybe.

so my advice to apprentice's comming out of there time,- pay for as many type course's as possible and leave and go work for virginblue/jet care - there they pay you 98k per year to hold one type or work oversea's as contractor or leave the industry while your still young enough thank your self lucky while your still young.
chose a new carreer maybe --how about merchant banking-they make about 100k per year if that's what you want.