PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terms of Service
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 15:25
High_Expect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

If you were going to argue that people doing the same job get different pay then what about all the Fg Off going through training / OCUs / Frontline (first tourists) that are getting paid a Fg Off salary whilst their colleagues of equal :-$ ability are getting paid more. Sometimes a lot more. And don’t even try to start the argument about University, I’m yet to see proof of anyone’s degree helping him/her in flying more than someone without. Apart from the odd bit of ground school cramming. There are so many degrees in basket weaving in this airforce its untrue!
Performance related pay anyone……. Sorry bloggs 120 @ 12 guess that’s 50quid off this month. Sounds like the only fair way to go if we’re starting this argument.

On a slightly more supportive note. I fully agree with the re instatement of flying pay after 72wks on course. It’s the only way to make it fair across the roles. Put the pressure on, I reckon you’re in with a chance no matter how long it takes. + If you’re in the training you’ve probably got some time on your hands between courses. Nothing better than argueing with blunties. Makes the hold flyby