PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scab List!
Thread: Scab List!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2001, 12:45
cxwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limanovember,

Thanks for your reply. Recently WE at CX finally got our own private forum and since then almost all CX pilots have chosen not to enter into debate on the issues with outsiders and wannabes on this forum. Many posters on this forum in the past have been extremely inflammatory in their views and comments! Many are managers from within CX. Many are just pissed off passengers or perhaps Wannabes. We the pilots within CX are better off expelling our energies within a known group as opposed to trying to convince Joe Public who's right or wrong. We the employees at CX know the truth about what's going on and we the employees need to work as one to resolve these very issues. No one will rest until my 52 mates are re-instated! They were not fired for any labour action they were victims in a powerfull attempt to once and for all break our association/ union and have a subserviant work force. The issues are complicated as they always are. If you yourself are a pilot you'll understand the core issues are not renumeration but rostering, flight time limitations, and benifits. Many of us here would rather fight the fight here now rather than later. I've been here for more than 6 years and don't want to throw that away as I'm sure many others also don't want to do BUT it's time we got a life, a roster and some respect! Our rosters have been in shambles as long as I have been here and WHEN we win this battle this will once again be a fine company to be employed by (ie: pre-1983) It's been 8 years of slashing and burning here and the time to end is soon. Time to grow this company into what it is destined to become but not without my fallen comrades!

Please don't fall into the trap of thinking or believing that any one who lost their job deserved it or had it coming! We have a disiplinary and grievence procedure that our employeer should have used in a case worthy of being sacked. The fact of the matter is that 52 of these men are fine people with families to feed and NOWHERE in the civilized world do people deserve to be treated with such contempt.

The management of CX are running scared we are as united as ever and we are winning the fight for truth, honour and justice. Slowly the media here in Hong Kong is starting to ask questions themselves. A CX manager BTW was quoted several weeks age as saying "all we need to do is sack 20-30 pilots and watch the rest fall into line!" How would any of you feel if you or a good mate of yours was in that 50??? Would you put your job on the line for your best mate who was wrongfully vicimized?

I WILL because its the right thing to do!!

We are going to win this mark my words!