PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DurhamTeesValleyAirport happenings
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2005, 15:34
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INKJET are you actually in the know on the second baby or not? Not that im sceptical or anything but it was promised when they started operations from Teesside but here we are now still waiting for it. When it does come (if ever) what are the expected routes for it? because at the moment alot of people in the Teesside area especially those who work at the airport feel like the whole bmi group are taking the piss. e.g. reducing the Heathrow for the summer when in December one extra rotation meant a 41% increase in passengers, the removal of the Prauge which had load factors in the 80% region and quite often the 90s, the belfast that is down to 4 times a week (if they don't want to do it properly ie twice a day 7 days a week let someone else do it or give it to Air Wales) and the fact that Paris is only 4 times a week (again do it properly twice a day 7 days a week to allow business travellers to do a full days work and get home the same day, failing that at least once a day 7 days a week). I know that one aircraft couldn't do all that I ask and the spanish routes as well but at least if they concentrated on a smaller number of routes people would take them more seriously.
Sorry for sounding like I'm having a go but it is almost as if bmi as a whole at MME are trying to shoot themselves in the foot, which if they do it may not hurt them very much but will cripple the airport itself and a lot of innocent and hard working people.