PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2005, 09:02
Capt BK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this whole HUY-ABZ thing interesting. The only people that use this service are rig workers, as helicopters use these two airports to serve a fair proportion of the SNS platforms. I started my PPL at HUY nearly 5 years ago and now work as an instructor there and I hever never seen more then about 6 people getting off any one Eastern flight. IMO this service has only survived because the rig workers can claim back travel expenses to their employer and hence don't mind paying the £200+ that Eastern charge.

Now I know pretty much mothing about airline operations and load factors etc but I really wouldn't think there would be a big enough market for Flybe to be interested in from HUY OR DSA. There obviously are looking as people on this thread have stated but it honestly baffles me why?

Incidentally I do have a soft spot for HUY however I am not pro anyone. I would like to see all regional airports developing side by side to secure more labour and investment for the local area as well as increasing my airline prospects