PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 20th Mar 2005, 11:32
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Wing Drifter, what makes you think that so many people, in so many threads, make it very clear that Ryanair is a particularly "difficult" employer? (I'm trying to avoid the judgmental words here).

While I admire your confidence I think, with the greatest of respect, that you would not have a hope of "looking after yourself" in Ryanair. You would have two choices; either to accept what happens to you, or be fired/leave. "Looking after" does not come into it. You don't need any more proof than to read the multitude of posts readily available in different threads on this site.

In Ryanair it is not just unions that are seen to be the devil incarnate, but also any group of two or more who attempt to do something togther, or individuals who show themselves willing to stand up for themselves.

Which is why people who never thought they would join a union find themselves joining a union.... Some people get this message the hard way, others learn it. But, apart from a small group of "fellow travellers", most people in Ryanair learn it before they even get to line training.

Of course, there is always the possibility that you know this very well and are a "fellow traveller" who wishes to blunt the negatives that are spreading throughout the industry. If you are, it will not take many posts for you to make your pedigree clear.