PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2005, 00:40
lakeside84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mike,

Allegedly, internally, MAG is desperate for HUY to get low cost. Subsequently, I think that HUY is targeted to deliver what the group wants it to get. More often these days, an airport is measured on pax, and on destinations. I think that HUY struggles to increase destinations. Low cost can provide an increase in both, literally overnight.

Yes, I am pro DSA, just as I am pro LBA, MME & BHX. These airports all have a strong future.

It makes me smile to think that HUY has been up and running for 20(?) years, and carries (now correctly) just over half a million passengers. DSA will have carried 1.3 million pax by April 2006 (and that's before flybe announce!).

I really wish I could convince you that I'm not talking cr*p, I DO know the score. HUY is, (allegedly) internally, bricking itself... and I'm honestly not sure where they can go next.

If KLM do pull HUY (not that I think they will), but if they DO (and that could be something as simple as KLM deciding to reduce at regionals generally.... If that happened at HUY - I dont see how they could justify opening purely for charter! Some days of the week, even in the summer, there are no charter flights (wednesdays I think) - how sad if they had to start laying off staff, etc. Has anyone thought about the complications of this?

And then think about the winter... Its common knowledge that the KLM & Eastern business keeps HUY going during the winter season.

Just a few things to talk about.

PS: Will PM you re Astreaus.

Last edited by lakeside84; 20th Mar 2005 at 00:56.