PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Latest Fleet Newsletter
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 19:22
Mo Heekan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Jarops,

It would really be nice if EK treated it's pilots, cabin crew, Engineers et al with some respect. The 'perceived' reality is that nobody (Middle management upwards) gives a Monkey's Doo Dah about employees in the Company. Instead they worry about keeping their jobs, saying the right thing and protecting their nice, swollen bonuses come profit share.

With record Flight & CC sickness, the lowest morale I've seen in my time here, coupled with a 5% divorce rate (@ 50 out of 1000 pilots), you can see why people are negative. It 'seems' to be all take and no give. It's not necessarily down to money; try humility & respect for starters.

An example; a recent CC I flew with went sick and she got a note from the Dr. She then received a letter in her file warning her that 'any further transgressions would be seriously dealt with'. For your info; she has NEVER been sick since she's been here. So now I am flying with CC who ARE sick, and are too scared to go to the Dr. Oh, and a CC member who now wants to cut her career short.

Does that sound right to you?

So, it's not all negative Jarops, and of course we moan. But if there is NO way to officially express the frustration we feel without being labelled a trouble maker and getting a letter on our files, it needs to be vented somewhere. PPRUNE & the Flight Deck are the perfect choices I guess.

It's a BASIC human need to be heard. If people are ignored, the proverbial will hit the fan, either at work or in relationships with those we love. Try not listening to your wife or girlfriend! You'll soon end up like the 5% here.....