PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 16:41
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I drove to Robin Hood Airport the other day, what a laugh I had as the access. I feel sorry for the people who live in the little village down the way. Whoever thought of operating a major airport with only country-lane access
Can't wait until all these lo-cost passengers clog the road up, and what did Peel say at the P.E. there is no need for a road. And now ...oh we need a link of the M18, are they getting one, doubt it.
Airport's are there to make money, if an Airport can make more from landing empty planes for maintenance and parking them up, than pleading on bended knees with 'incentive' payments to lo-cost operators, so be it. Mr Ryanair pays b all for landing and is never on the ground long enough for parking.
Having watched Airline (is that the Easyjet one?). Imagine being a business traveller putting up with that going on at the check-in desk next to you.
Scheduled is an interesting one and 05/06 will be to watch at HUY.
DSA has one big thing going for it...a huge great business park next to it that Peel will develop whether the airport works or not.