PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Latest Fleet Newsletter
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 10:39
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fatbus, I hope that you are enjoying your time here but I have yet to fly with someone who is genuinely happy. Many regret the move from their previous carriers, others were just hoping to accelerate their careers a bit. The slow down in commands is one thing, but the continual nibbling away at the contract and terms and conditions vs. the exponential rise in the cost of living here is becoming unbearable for many.

I do believe that the company have taken advantage of the global downturn and held back any chances of a better remuneration package. Our salaries and 'package' are based on a comparison with many carriers worldwide. This is totally flawed because those other carriers may have been deeply affected after the last few years of poor industry performance, yet EK has returned record profits year after year. As someone mentioned earlier in another thread, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors and you yourself say that the compnay can get away with it because of the lack of options. Now consider this, would it not have been great if the company had been honest with us all and shared its great success? Not withstanding the fact that we did get a bonus last year, a realistic salary review is long past due.