PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skydiving resumes at Barwon Heads?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2005, 20:35
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Nup Cinders, but I admire your forensic skills. I presume you know the bay area. To impress my friends with my considerable flying skills (Not!). I like to take them on a little "around the bay" cruise.

This takes me to overhead YMAV from YMMB via the coastal route, then over Corio bay via Point Henry to Leopold. Leopold is right on the edge of the Barwon Heads CTAF and thats where I turn East for Queenscliffe and the Rip.

As taught, I give a position on the BH CTAF frequency overhead Leopold. I've heard another aircraft using the BH strip but their voice procedure was so bad and their mike was so stuffed I couldn't make out exactly what they were doing.

I've heard the para guys at Nagambie setting up for a drop with calls on the area frequency to ATC etc. and taken avoiding action they seemed perfectly responsible and organised.

However, like most pilots I have a horror of a mid air, and I'm not going near BH unless I know that the operator is responsible, and it sounds from the evidence to date that he may not be.