PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 20:25
RobT100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if TUI went looking for a third party to offer something in

682ftAMSL
I just dont know when anyone is going to get this and Im not having a go at you, but beleive me: there is a market at LBA for expanding greece within BY's own fleet.
I know they could base a 767 for a full season and expand the program right up to include a multitude of greek destinations.
It is a travesty of justice the 767 operates for only upto end of june. It is more often that not full, and remeber this is NOT PEAK SEASON. So imagine the possibilities when it is peak season.
I suspect BY just do not want to operate from LBA for one reason or another. IT IS DEFINATELY NOT DOWN TO LACK OF DEMAND. If that is what you are being told then beleive me that is TOTAL RUBBISH.
I am absolutely convinced TCX, FCA, MYT and BY could base a full summer programme form lba without any W's and fill their planes. The people of west yorks want LBA, they DO NOT want DSA or MAN - the only reason they are using these places is because they have no choice.
Like i said not having a go, but I ish people would beleive this.
I would love to see FCA base in S06 and am beginning to think there maybe a chance if BY pull out, who knows they could provide us with a bettre program as well !