PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is the cheapest way to get a JAA ATPL
Old 14th Mar 2005, 22:33
Seaweed Knees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sk8erboi,
I assume that you are including me in the catagory of people you do not think have researched their licence.

You have no idea what I have been through in the last 2 years in order to arrive at the position i'm at now.
I know very few people who have been as careful or dedicated as I have been in the training choices they've made. Perhaps that is the reason many of you seem to see me as a liar when I speak of the savings i've made, you dont understand what it is to be a trainee pilot without the funds.

My posts have simply been an attempt on my part to illustrate that it can be possible to do what many of you have done, except with a far lower budget.

I know why many of you are scoffing at the idea.
What I cannot understand however, is how so many of you can claim that this is unfeasable and yet offer no explanation as to why you believe that.

OK, so its 200 not 150 hours. Its been a while since that figure has been relevant to me.

Apparently there is some suspicion about my motives for posting here. I'm working for a US school or something, is that it? Rediculous.

I do remember from a previous thread that You are an instructor here in the UK though Sk8erboi. Interesting for you to be talking about commercial interests.

I infact have no affiliation with any flight centre, American or otherwise. Instruction is the absolute last avenue I would go down in persuit of hours.

Once I've recovered from my ankle fracture, i'll be starting on a twin turboprop here in the UK.
I have so far not needed to convert my licence or ratings to JAA and hopefully will not need to. Conversion has always been plan B, which is why I did not sit my ATPLs before my flight training as fair weather wisely suggested.

I do enjoy a good debate, but I have to say that you guys really aren't argueing a case here, you're just telling me i'm wrong.

Whilst reading this thread, i've often been reminded of the classic defence in childhood arguements:

"Why?"

"Just because!"

Come on, surely you can do better than that.