PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Cameras
Thread: Speed Cameras
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2005, 23:59
chromate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every Monday morning around 5 - 5.30 AM there is at least one nutter who thinks that tailgating me will make me increase my speed.
Indeed. Yet amazingly, I think it surprises them when I have to decrease my speed to minimise the risk of them running into the back of me

In general, I do agree that speed cameras are barely anything more than revenue generating boxes. Mainly because their positioning is quite often completely ridiculous.

But to be honest, they don't bother me. If you can't safely slow down in time when you notice a speed camera, then I reckon the chances are you're either going too fast anyway and / or you're not alert enough.

The real problem is the ever more common succession of speed limit changes imposed along short stretches of roads.

Of course, I suppose cameras are also a distraction. I've often thought that about those speed bumps that, if you get your wheels positioned just right, they don't slow you down too much. Problem is, some attention inevitably gets used on the bump positioning instead of the road sides, other traffic etc.

As to that club of losers dedicated to burning the speed cameras - what a bunch of a*se holes. The cameras get replaced within a couple of days anyway. What does it achieve? Just costs us all even more money.