PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wake-Up
Thread: Wake-Up
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2001, 20:10
MaxHeadroom

This is a total aside yet some relevance may be found in the unity aspect and the issue of unity. First I would like to say the US did not lose to Ho Chei Min because of his tactics. It was because the people of the US united together in massive protests about the killings of our men in Vietnam for nothing. Plus the deaths of four innocent young people at Kent State. We united as a people and put pressure on the Congress, our Senators and President to get the hell out of there, and so they did. The Australians would never reach such a national goal. They have no concern. After having lived there I can agree that they would give up their major cities in an invasion. It is endemic to the people of that country.
The unity of people in this country is why the blacks do have their right to vote/own land and be counted on the census. Women have the right to vote and hold jobs that were once closed to them. It is unity of a majority that can get something to happen for the better. Not being in CX but having read this forum with amusing interest, I would say you seem to have a large number of two faced people in your ranks and a large number of plain defectors. Quite often the philosophy of war is to walk quietly amongst your own ranks and carry a big stick to render them useless when the time comes for the real confrontation. Reading the book "The Art of War" should be required reading for those who are seriously interested in winning any battles.
Excuse me but having been where the company was forced to close or bring in new management I can relate. Unfortunately the board did not move to get a new management team and the company was forced to close. We were out of work for a while but when you fight for the cause to make things better, you still don't lose.
BTW: Those of us in the US that united to stop the fighting in a conflict that we inherited and had no real purpose don't see our pulling out as a loss. We saved many thousands of lives from America, Australia, the UK, and in N.and S. Vietnam. To have my older brothers returned home safely from a place they had no business was a victory for all the cold nights in Washington D.C. of candle light vigils, sit ins, and peace rallies. It was definitely worth the fight.

[This message has been edited by MaxHeadroom (edited 02 January 2001).]