PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wake-Up
Thread: Wake-Up
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2000, 15:06
billybob

Angry

Dear BusAss,
PRINCIPLE does not merit losing a good wage!!?? PRINCIPLE had afair amount of merit in such small conflicts as WWII, the blacks right to equality, justice and the vote, and oh yes!! The British coalmines.... remember those; that little puppy, amongst others, was a large cause in the forming of unions in the first place. I never used to be a "unionist" until I joined the commercial airline industry and the education was quick to be sure. You see I'm one of those silly folk who actually cares about how buddy is doing, if he gets the shaft, if he's told the truth, if he needs a hand now and again.
Personally I've had a great roster as a based type over the last couple of years, but I'll drop the gloves this instant if it means that the rest of the boys in HK get a fair and livable roster because they deserve one!! Yep, I could go screaming about my cut in pay such that crew junior to me in seniority and living in the same city as I are getting 17 to 19% more than me. Yet I will gladly let the AOA have at it on rostering with the company even if it meant risking more bullying and job threats when the roster is fine for me. Why? Cause I care about buddy..... and YOU buddy sure do not!!
I'm not sure what your personal history was during the war that was fought down under in 89. War is not guaranteed with victory, but if you talk to the boys at United, Northwest, Lufthansa and others I'd think you'd find that your view is in the minority.
This may come as a shock BusAce but money is not everything!! I know a huge number of families and individuals who enjoy life each and every day who earn a whole lot less than you!!
The management, though, believes just like you do..... that people, and their principles, can be bought!! That we are financial whores who will back anything as long as it means more money, especially in THEIR pockets.
PRINCIPLES ....... yes they DO mean something.
Billy