PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many of you ENJOY your job?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2005, 07:36
pashy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike 001

I must agree with you regarding a lot of negative feedback regarding working for various airlines, on the other hand if you are wanting to start a career as cabin crew...there is a lot of positive feedback too!

How many jobs do you get to do nowadays where you can meet a few hundred people a day, travel all over the globe, even if it is for a short layover.....you can still go shopping, eat the local food, taste the local beer, that is a small part of it, you also get to work with different people everyday, a lot of crew I know see this type of job as a life style.....not just a job, it is a hard life style to replace if you have been doing it for a while.....and have enjoyed it!

I started my flying career working for BMI 10 years ago, based in LHR, great company to work for, people were friendly...layovers were short but fun...days off together ect....the only downside of the job was defrosting the car at 4am in the morning so I could get to the airport in time to report for duty....I have many fond memories of the place, I then went on to fly for Emirates based in Dubai for a few years.....has been one of the best experiences I have ever had.....I would definitley recommend this company to anyone who is interested in living and working over seas.....there are so many positive things about many companies....although if you don't enjoy your job or listen too much to others that don't.....a lot of these factors get over looked and we tend to concentrate on the downside of the job.....when there is no need to as you end up missing out on the best part of the job! I have since moved from Dubai and am still flying for another company......and aren't I just a 'happy to be alive bunny' I love that too!

If you are interested in a career as cabin crew, go for it.......I can tell you now it is one of the best things I have ever done!

Good luck.....