PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anxiety,am I alone
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2005, 10:33
Dr. Rudi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trentino.

I have been suffering Anxiety for the last 6 months. To support the views of other posters, yes it is starting to subside slowly but surely.

I am in my early thirties and like to think of myself as of being above average intelligence and flying ability

My Anxiety began when I had panic attacks while flying single pilot ops. On two occasions I departed with pax only to return as my anxiety was so high I thought I was going to die and kill everyone onboard. I fobbed off to my employer that I was sick with the flu etc.

I have had an absolutely horrible time of it. I have been to a Psychologist and I practise Meditation , yoga and relaxation which I have found to be very beneficial. At present I am flying in a two crew envirnment, however I still am sometimes very anxious about flying single pilot as per my prior events.

The most important thing I learned was that your anxiety is your creation, something that you made up all by all your own thoughts.

I have found hard exercise and healthy eating helpful. I have also found that St. John's Wort (a herbal thing) was good.

I greatly sympathise with your predicament as it is a truly awful thing to suffer.

It is great to read others and to realise that I am not alone either.

All the best and take care