PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tomorrow's World 08/08/01 - Aircraft Evacuations
Old 9th Aug 2001, 18:59
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
Angry

I agree that we have all seen worse about aviation on the box but this was pretty dismal stuff.

HOWEVER, the TW crew were simply following the Cranfield bunch. Who, in turn, are simply following the regulations. They might wish to do realistic exercises but who is going topay them to find out the truth that the airlines (and the Chancellor) do not want them to know?

Take as many people as you can afford (100 to 375) include the good suggestions about dolls for babies (wired up maybe), 'fat suits' and misted glasses.

Collect these people from a shopping mall one Saturday afternoon. Let them know that they are going to participate in a game show and have a free ride literally(!) but DO NOT tell them what it is about.

To save the law suits and the SUN headline, "I fawt ah woz gonna dae" get them to sign the kind of get-out that are used for game shows.

Take them to the field and board them. Give them the 'dance' as usual. Start up, taxi and commence roll.

Abort t/o and halt at the end of r/way. Commence evac.

If you have a bit more time and money, a light mist of artifical smoke in the cabin will do the trick.

Then give them all lots of booze and ship them home.

OK. I know the idea is not original but it is the only way to simulate.