Thread: KNX near miss
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2005, 11:06
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Voice
This happened before 2003.
QSK
This is not "Cobblers" I know for a fact and in great detail that this happened.
Consider this. In 1944 mustangs were flying around communicating using a thing called SCR522. A VHF radio, about the size of a carton of beer.It had four channels.When you transmitted, you could not recieve.
And you know what? We are still using exactly the same system.We have more channels, but it's still the "one way at a time" system that was used in the forties.There is not room on there for everyone to chatter incessantly.If you are so concerned about unnotified traffic, what about the military aircraft that dont talk? some were not even equipped with VHF.I remeber seeing a Mirage go underneath me one day, and when I queried Flight service they admitted they knew it was there.Or the blackhawks that fly at night with no exterior lighting, and no radio calls? we take precautions and try to keep ourselves aware of traffic, but the system is not infallable. And the antiquated radio system can only handle so much. So we need to heed the first and m0st important law of communication, which is "SHUT UP AND LISTEN"