PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desperately in need of a job
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2005, 03:39
Robssupra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucifer

It seems to me that I have been stepping on some 200hr toes, here.
Where on earth am I gaining this seemingly utter contempt for peoples skills. Two words to that. What skills?
Talking about my profile, for your info. I deal with many, low hour pilots, on a daily bases, and by doing so I might say that I was given that position because I was able to recognise their strengths and weakness.
First of all the company does not take in to consideration the difficulties somebody in my present position has to face, entertaining the idea of having low time pilots and second of all, it will be nice if the company offers the captains some preparation, to be able to better deal with the situation and at the same time help the low time pilots in the process.
Your second paragraph. The only people, this days, that get in an airline with 200hr total time are the ones that spend thousands of dollars on type ratings, themselves or just know somebody on the inside that would just walk them in.

My advice to low time pilots, work anywhere. Dont think just because you have your frozen ATPL, you deserve to have a job in an airline company.
If you get that opportunity, by all means go for it, but at the same time dont be disappointed if it takes some time getting there. Just remember the most important thing is not how fast you get there but how you get there that counts.
You will find out that your appreciation for your achievement, at the end of the day, will carry a lot more value.

Happy flying to all.