PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euromanx Information?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 22:48
the highwayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just re-read all the posts on this thread and the same thing as the brother mentioned struck me - bidding for a PSO. Why else would Euromanx be interested in expanding into Ireland ? Their name has been mentioned on other threads ( I think) as a possible for the PSOs up for grabs with the Irish Gov. I wonder if their interest in Irish expansion is dependant on getting some of the cash being promised. They announce new routes from Galway to CDG, AGP and LCY. I'd love to see their proposed rotations - they dont fly to three of these at present.

As for Galway Airport, they would welcome anyone with open arms as long as it lessens their dependance on RE - remember the spats with the RE bosses last year. Galway is almost a one airline airport - the only other airline at present is BA to GLA and even that was supposed encouraged to get up RE noses, wjo were interested but who ended up with EDI instead. As far as I remember Air Wales were the first mentioned for that route.

Someone would want to show Euromanx a map of the west of Ireland and show them how close Galway is to NOC and SNN. There are really good charters at present from NOC (fog permitting) to AGP - which Euromanx would find it hard to match. NOC is one hour from Galway City (most of the time). Likewise with SNN and Ryanair flying to BVA it's only an hour away too.

Why do you think RE have stuck to flying to Lorient in Brittany instead ?

The Highwayman.

P.S. I don't know a lot about RJs - but could they do Galway to Malaga on a full load with a short runway ?

Forgot to include EUjet from SNN to AGP once a week as well - more competition for Euromanx