PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 5th Mar 2005, 21:56
matblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a frequent flyer I choose not to fly Ryanair. This is not because I doubt the pilots ability in any way but because of my concerns over the attitude of the CEO. In my business activities (non aviaition) I do observe situations from time to time that used to happen 20 years ago but ought not to occur in this modern legislative day and age. These situations occur often in large multinational companies with high profile safety cultures. Such "breaches" in safety procedures generally occur due to the fear of failure to meet operational targets. This fear is driven frequently by the culture of the senior management. My "boycott" of Ryanair may be ill founded but as a paying customer that's my choice. My concern is more for the background activities such as pressure on despatchers & maintenance managers. With the introduction of new compensation schemes from the EU I fear that pressures may lead to one corner cut too many. This could equally apply to any airline, I accept. It's just that CEO...