PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this any way to treat a customer?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 15:58
ManAtTheBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am willing to spend more of my own (and yes, my employer's) money to get a better quality of service. I will not travel by Ryanair as I disagree with their customer service attitude. Others do, that is up to them.

The point is that when my employer sends me somewhere reasonably closeby, I have options of alternative airlines, the railways or the road network. Certainly, going to Brussels or Paris, the train is an attractive proposition.

For my own purposes, there is the option of staying at home.

I am not so naive as to expect to get it all for nothing. What I am looking for is a 'fair' combination of service and price. Those companies which come nearer get more of my (and my employer's) money. What most turns me away from any product or service is where the marketing blurb is so out of tune with the reality.

As a thought, some airlines operate in very low staff cost environments. However, they still manage to generate handsome losses. Cutting costs naturally has its limits. Quality has its cost but it has its benefits.

Finally, how much do airlines spend unnecessarily?

How much, for example, do they spend in sorting out mishandled baggage?

Cut the amount of mishandled baggage, save the costs of sorting it out and increase customer satisfaction.

(Sorry Paxboy, I'm getting idealistic again. We all know that losing bags just happens, it's nobodys fault, and nothing can be done about it)

Last edited by ManAtTheBack; 5th Mar 2005 at 16:27.