PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HERES new topic!
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 13:16
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why you were parked on the western apron and not on one of the front stands is because there are only two front stands that can handle the weight of a 757
speedbird

Yes, good reply.

I flew to/from ACE with Britannia in December on a Sunday and we left from and returned to the Western apron. My wife and I usually stay in our seats until the majority of people have got off (someone's got to be last so why fight the rush?), but on this occasion we lost out. The third bus was late arriving at our remote stand and we had to wait on board for about fifteen minutes. In fact, as we subsequently entered the baggage reclaim area 'our' carousel started up so in the end we lost no time at all with the delayed journey to the terminal building.

However, I have just visited the Bristol Airport Eastern apron live website and there are three Britannia 757-200s parked side by side on stands 1, 2 and 3 - the three stands where a/c park nose in to the main part of the terminal.

They are G-BYAD (from/to SZG), G-BYAS (from GVA/to AGP) and G-BYAI (from/to ALC).