PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 5th Mar 2005, 10:52
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ennie; I,m very glad for you that your employer allows you the spare time neccesary to monitor another crews performance whilst no doubt giving due attention to your own.I would still be very surprised if any of my fellow crew knowingly departed with wing contamination,the well known Non-environmental-icing problem on the 737NG means that we have de-icing avail at the most unlikely locations/times and I have never seen crews shy away from using it.Our management have issued numerous Memos on the subject and you can be sure that they and Boeing are only too aware of the problem;any crew going down that road are totally on their own as regards adherence to SOP,s .I can assure you 100% that we are under no,and I mean NO commercial pressure as regards de-icing;with our tankering policy it is a daily complication for us.If it was any other way believe me I wouldnt deny it on an anonymous forum;I have kids at home too,and we are most certainly not the cowboys some would like to portray (usually to suit their own agenda).To answer the very original posting,what do you expect in a world driven by greed and run by accountants? A ******* miracle is not about to happen in this dog eat dog world.As I discovered a long time ago, just get on with it and look after your Life your License,and your job,never forgetting that order of importance.Stay safe stay standard guys and gals.