PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruiting a problem
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2005, 16:53
Bismark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

You just have to read the Nottingham thread to realise what fun it can be flying from the sea, never quite knowing where the airfield is (certainly moved from the take off point) and no diversion to boot!

I had a fantastic time flying in the RN. The bit from the sea the best of all - fortunately always made it back to the deck despite "Mum's" best attempt to ensure I didn't.

As for change, conditions of service, "better in my day", kids mowadays want to move on every few years for promotion etc - what has changed? Life has always been like this, whether in the Service or not.

The fact is Service flying is still the most fun and most professionally rewarding, and flying in the RN the best of all -just look at the threads to see all the positive comments from the Navy lads vs the drips from the Crabs. What other Service can you be flying from the deck in the morning, alongside paradise in the afternoon, trap a millionaire at the Cockers P in the evening, get p----d, wake up next morning back at sea ready to fly nce more in the most challenging environment of all.

Fly Navy - you know it make sense!