PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruiting a problem
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2005, 16:07
jindabyne

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BEagle

Absolute b****x old chap. If you believe that, in the past 50 years or so, starred items never had an eye on their own well being, then you dwell in fantasy land; tell us of those very senior officers who ever fell on their sword? (no doubt you'll bring up the odd one, but it's never been the trend). I gratefully partook in several moral-raising fasty-jet events, and they were indeed great times. But gone they are, and that's simply a fact of times moving on - sad, but reality. Flying stunts at Hendon must've also been great, but they're all part of history. Be thankful you enjoyed what you did, and let the present crop get on with what they do - nothing worse than an old git sat at the bar telling the new bloods 'how great it used to be in my time'. Whatever your reasoning -------

And as for 'it could once do such things' - IMHO it/they, still does/do; but these days 'they' have to do it by earning their shilling more than I ever did. God bless them, and encourage them that do, and those that thankfully still wish to fly, militarily.

Off to Friday happy hour.

Last edited by jindabyne; 4th Mar 2005 at 16:29.