PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this any way to treat a customer?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2005, 21:14
ManAtTheBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this any way to treat a customer?

ManAtTheBack arrived at Heathrow T4 today to find all flights to Amsterdam and Paris cancelled, with the consequent chaos ensuing. The result was a lot of redirection from one queue to another. I am surprised that Amsterdam and Paris are unable to cope with snow (although Brussels apparently can).

However, that is not the point of this posting. After queuing up for 20 minutes at Big Airways’ customer services, I became aware that the elderly lady standing behind me was becoming distressed. Apparently she had been expecting a wheelchair from her drop off point but it had not arrived. She had been directed (by whom I do not know) to the customer service queue. I tried to speak to a Big Airways’ member of staff but was ignored. I then spoke to a BAA member of staff but was told that the lady was Big Airways’ responsibility. I tried again to speak to a Big Airways’ staff but was again ignored. The lady appeared to become more distressed, and asked me to help load her luggage onto a trolley. As I did so I asked the BAA staff member if she would help. She made it clear it was not her responsibility. As I tried to find a Big Airways’ member of staff she then disappeared.

If this is how the industry chooses to treat its customers, is it any surprise that authorities take more interest in passenger rights?