PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2005, 08:24
THINALBERT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont normally agree with you LAAJ but have to agree with 99% of your last post. I think that one point has escaped your otherwise eloquent prose though. The captain responding to the critical failure (LE Slat Assym) is not a target. He has unfortunately become one though because of the actions of the FTM who is solely responsible for all the unwelcome attention that has been thrust upon him, just as he was with KB and his command course.

You can call it misguidedly looking after your mate, or something less professional if you prefer but the fact of the matter is that he thrust an unfortunate captain into the spotlight when he should have been kept behind the scenes for a little while.

That is very poor management and not intended as a reflection on the actual incident.

I do agree that this thread should perhaps be edited as it must make very uncomfortable reading for a few people who have already suffered enough and will obviously make no difference whatsoever to the people with hides like rhinos who will undoubtedly carry on regardless.