PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2005, 00:50
Life as a journey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is no cowboy outfit.

There have been a few incidents lately, it’s true.

But they are not the norm.

Every airline has problems, some more than others. What you’re talking about here is a misrepresentation of the facts. Read in conjunction with a defence, your remarks would fall away like dirt from washed linen.

Most of the professional pilots here are quietly going about their business. They can’t respond because they’re still here, marooned, with cowboys. Or are they?

The unfortunate SFO recently sacked did not wilfully endanger the aircraft. He got out of his seat. That was a dumb thing to do; incredibly dumb; unexplainably stupid even.

To try and put legs on it and make him out to be a malicious, dangerous aviator is stretching it. He did the wrong thing, deliberately, but not maliciously.

What are you doing, guys? Your actions are deliberate, malicious and done under the cloak of anonymity.

The 'cowboy outfit' has sacked the SFO, immediately. I’d say he’s paid for his mistake, wouldn’t you?

So I’d invite the person who first mentioned this to therefore delete that post, or edit it to remove all reference to the guy. As should all others.

That guy has a lot of climbing to do to recover his career. You wouldn’t want people repeatedly dragging your errors to the surface while you struggle for air, would you?

As for the Captain referred to, bit wet behind the ears, could have done it a different way, referencing the QRH maybe, or getting away from the ground, out of the ‘wedding cake’ to a safe height for analysis.

He didn’t.

And he did not stall the aircraft!

You’re still piloting, I assume, so be very careful. **** happens, and it may be around the corner waiting for you. One slip…

Oh, there’s one other thing. It was a critical system malfunction on the approach to BKK. He didn’t create the malfunction, he responded to it.

Changes the outlook a little, doesn’t it? At least for the casual reader who we primaril addressing, you know.

Does it bother you that you may be damaging the reputation of the airline here, on PPRuNe?

RBA will grow through these problems. But not by being publicly slandered. I guess that’s the difference between professionals and real cowboys.