PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desperately in need of a job
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 20:17
timzsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have seen this kind of whinge on PPRUNE so many times - and yes deep down I agree. But nothing is going to change people. It is the way it is and no amount of whining is going to change that. There are more pilots then jobs and there always will be - it is in the vested interest of the FTO's and the airlines that this is so.

If you want that job you have to 100% believe you will get it eventually. Even a hint of a thought you might not or complaining how unfair it all is at an interview will mean you wont get the job - I have been told as much by people who work in recruiting. And many people do or don't get the job in the first sixty seconds - initial impressions count so be positive.

So instead of whinging go an try do something that will help you get that job. I have sent out 10 CV's this week and flogged a load of tot I had on ebay which has raised enough cash to take out an aircraft next week and do a few ILS's to keep my hand in at the IFR stuff.

If you ever read the thread Danny wrote about how he selected people for the first PPRUNE/Astraeus recruitment he weeded out many applications on the basis of spelling mistakes. Yes he ackonwledged that not being able to spell doesn't make somebody a bad pilot but when you have got hundreds of applications to sort through you have to start somewhere.

Just wish I had made the effort to spellcheck my original post - I will have to live by my mistake and eat humble pie