PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desperately in need of a job
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 18:49
atyourcervix73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meeb, and number cruncher..Carpathia makes a VERY valid point in relation to low houred F/O's

The simple fact of the matter is this, no matter how good, how confident, how well trained, or how well selected someone is, a more experienced person is FAR more likely to be able to cope in a stressful situation and bring it to a safe conclusion. Im not talking about this in terms of who is better or who is worse, Im talking in terms of experience. Those of you on here who have done a bit, seen a bit, and have been around for a bit will agree (I hope!) Me personally after 200-250hrs..I knew just about enough to get myself killed if I wasn't careful, and if you dont think that way, then frankly your deluding yourself.
If experience wasnt an issue then we would all be flown around by 21 year old hot-shot Sim/LPC wizards who could score great points in what is still an artificial (for all the efforts being made to improve it!) training environment. Get as much and as varied experience as you can.
Experience is thus, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.