PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice: S76 or AS 365 or ...?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 18:24
SASless

Received 573 Likes on 235 Posts
Some of us in a land far away, years ago, were called "God's own Lunatics".....for good reason too.

I am quite comfy discussing this from the safety of my office chair, fine glass of Scotland's finest in my hand.....Toby Keith singing about a boot in someone's butt.

The real deal will be something else again....anyone of us who has been involved in those two way shooting range affairs can attest to that. I spent six weeks one time remembering why I should have stuck to the old soldiers rule of "Never volunteer for anything at anytime for any reason."

So far, what I have heard does not fill my heart with confidence that this is a venture for a married man with kids or an elderly parent that depends upon them for support.

As B-zorg points out....

Day time only, uniquely marked aircraft, single ship operation, no armor, no guns, no cover, no SAR, flying into the same places, probably using the same routes, altitudes, and non-secure comms....with lots of folks knowing the schedule ahead of time. Why one might as well paint "Shoot Me!" on the side of the aircraft and a great big ol' bullseye target on the belly. If you are haulling someone of some import.....he is by golly gonna be a target for the bad guys....and even if you show up in a Donald Trump S-61 with gold plated door handles.....you will still be the meat for the main course.

Better make sure you have lots of insurance that covers suicide....the insurance company will call it a war zone and seek to escape that way but I suggest one's counsel could well argue that the policy would still apply due to the suicide clause. Does it matter if I jump from a tall building or take on something like this....the end result is the same. Whether that logic will hold up in court.....now that is another thing.