PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desperately in need of a job
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 16:27
kebab kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, yes, posts on wannabes often get hijacked by some pious, frustrated little so and so, concerned about the spelling or some such. lighten up. you can certainly fly a jet if you have poor spelling! it just looks bad all the rest of the time.

the original guy made a slightly rambling but serious point, although if he's desperate for a girlfriend as well as a job, well thats his business i suppose

as for the job market, the title of this post says it all. wannabes are, rightly or wrongly, 'desperate' for a job.
its not healthy in the longer term, because although the deterioration in terms and conditions is down to increased competition in the industry as well as the supply and demand of wannabes, i am sure that the present climate deters lots of good people from seriously considering a career in aviation, because the financial risks are a little rich for their taste. which seems a shame to me. there's effectively a self selection stage before anyone goes near an interview, but the selection criteria have nothing to do with ability.

take it easy, kk